Click here for the Reel I made of this recipe 🙂
Asian-Inspired Chicken Salad
- 2 large organic chicken breasts, grilled, (or cooked to your preference)
- 1/3 purple cabbage head
- 1/3 green cabbage head
- 1 romaine lettuce head
- 1 cup cilantro
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 oranges, peeled
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari , (or soy sauce of your choice)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1.5 tbsp raw honey
- .5 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- .5 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Once cooked, shred or slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Heat a small skillet to medium heat. Toast the sliced almonds for 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Finely chop the purple & green cabbage, the romaine, green onions and the cilantro. Add it to a large mixing bowl.
- Thinly slice the carrots into matchsticks, and the oranges into bite sized pieces. Add to bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well, until evenly coated. Add the chicken and almonds. Serve with sliced avocado. Enjoy!