Your favorite pasta dish made dairy and gluten-free! So creamy, full of flavor, and takes just 30 minutes to cook. Comfort meal at its finest! 🙂
Creamy Chicken Alfredo (DF, GF!)
- 2 large organic chicken breasts, trimmed, tenderized and sliced in half once more
- 3 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 bunch broccolini, 1/2-inch ends trimmed off (slice a few times length-wise)
- 1/4 cup chicken or bone broth
- 1 box brown rice penne pasta (I prefer Jovial brand)
- 1 jar Primal Kitchen dairy-free alfredo sauce
- pink salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
Cook the pasta in a large pot according to package. Drain, then drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the top, about 1 tbsp, (do not over stir) and set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet until hot but not smoking. Add onion + garlic to sauté for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
Add tenderized chicken to brown on either side, about 4-5 min. Season with salt and pepper, then add in broccolini. pour in broth and cover with lid to steam for several minutes.
Remove the lid, pour the noodles over into the skillet and along with the jar of alfredo sauce. Give it all a good stir, cover with lid and turn down the heat to let cook for 4-5 minutes. Ready to serve! 🙂
what I used to make this recipe