Click here for the Reel I made of this recipe 🙂
Healthy Fried Zucchini Blossoms
- 10-12 zucchini blossoms
- 4 oz soft goat cheese
- 3 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp pink salt or sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 2-4 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp avocado oil (for frying)
- flakey sea salt, (optional for topping)
- chopped green onion, (optional for topping)
- red chili flakes, (optional for topping)
- thinly sliced jalapeño, (optional for topping)
- Remove stamens from each blossom and discard.
- Mix the filling ingredients together then gently open each blossom and spoon the mixture in. Twist to close and set aside.
- Make the coating by stirring the flour and salt together, then mixing in the water 1 tbsp at a time until it reaches a slightly liquid consistency.
- Cover each blossom in coating, set aside.
- Heat a large skillet and avocado oil over medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add the blossoms. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Flip, and cook another 4-6 minutes. (May be tricky to flip, so wait until they are fully golden brown underneath and use a metal spatula).
- Once cooked through and completely golden, top with optional toppings and enjoy!