Hearty Paleo Chili
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 lb organic ground turkey
- 1 15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup bone broth (I use Bonafide Provisions bone broth)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 can chopped green beans
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/3 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
Cut up and sauté the diced onion in oil until caramelized.
Add the ground turkey to brown, along with all of the spices.
Pour in the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and bone broth. Stir altogether.
Cover and let simmer on low-medium heat for 25 minutes.
Add in the chopped and peeled sweet potato, cover with lid and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Add green beans & bell pepper and heat for 5-10 additional minutes
Serve! Top with avocado, nutritional yeast or organic cheese & chives. You can also add a handful of chopped spinach once finished for extra greens.