Easy Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can diced tomatoes no salt added
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1.5 cartons organic low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 package white corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado
- Sauté diced onion and minced garlic in oil in a pan for 5-7 min, or until translucent.
- Add onions to crockpot with remaining ingredients (excluding tortillas and avocado) and cook on high for 4 hours.
- After about 3 1/2 hours, remove chicken breasts and use two forks to pull apart/shred on a plate.
- Once completely shredded add back into crockpot along with 2 sliced tortillas (into 2-inch long, thin strips) to cook another 20 minutes.
- Tortilla crisps: cut remaining tortillas into long strips, lay flat on baking sheet, spray with olive or avocado oil and season with sea salt & cumin. Toss together and spread out evenly. BROIL for 5-8 min on high, middle rack until starting to turn crispy.
- Serve tortilla soup with tortilla crisps and sliced avocado.