The Best Beef Bolognese
My first time making this from scratch and I feel like I've wasted 29 years of my life... you need to try!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 3 long carrots, finely diced
- 3 celery sticks, finely diced
- 2-4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 2 lbs pasture-raised organic ground beef
- 1 cup beef bone broth
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 14 oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz tomato paste
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- fresh basil, to top
Heat a large skillet on medium heat.
Once hot, add olive oil, diced veggies & garlic and sauté for 10-12 minutes, tossing every few minutes.
Once veggies are soft, add beef in the middle and break into very small pieces using a wooden spoon or spatula. Cook until no longer red.
Add vinegar and bone broth and cook for another 30 minutes, covered, on medium to low heat.
Add remaining ingredients, toss, then cook for 45 minutes on low until thickened.
Make preferred noodles (I use gluten-free brown rice pasta) and serve with sauce and fresh basil once done.