Wow! Ok, so how is everyone doing? Last week was hectic and a lot to process, but hopefully with all the social distancing and self-isolation, we’ll recover from this sooner rather than later. I know it’s tough to stay home but while we’re all here, we might as well make the most of it, right?
Binging your favorite shows and movies is entertaining for a while, but I don’t know about you, I still like to get some things done during the day to feel somewhat productive with all this extra time. I compiled a list below of what I’ve started doing this past week and also added a few other ideas that I think sound fun and/or productive! If you have more ideas, I’m all ears! Drop a comment at the bottom of the page 🙂
- Organize your kitchen – I just did this and can confirm it’s super therapeutic. It’s also time-consuming, so start with your pantry then move to your fridge, under sinks, cupboards, etc.
- Deep clean – Try to tackle one room per day if you’re completely off work right now. You can deep clean carpets and windows, dust blinds and baseboards – all the things you wouldn’t normally think about when you do routine cleaning.
- Unsubscribe from mass emails – This will change your life and probably help the anxiety you get whenever you check your email.
- Unsubscribe from snail mail – Say goodbye to catalogs and ad mailers.
- Puzzles – Puzzles are a workout for your brain, plus they’re fun! I think I’ll add it to Bridger and I’s to-do list this week 😉
- Read – I’m partial to health and wellness books, of course. 🙂 Here are my faves at the moment:
- Food Fix by Dr. Hyman
- Eat Dirt by Dr. Josh Axe – very easy to understand.
- Body Love + Body Love Everyday by Kelly Leveque – great recipes and lifestyle guide!
- Deep Nutrition by Catherine Shanahan – more science-heavy & bigger read but eye-opening.
- Genius Foods by Max Lugavere – maximize brain processing and minimize brain decline. Super interesting!
- Make new recipes that have been on your list forever – If you haven’t tried my healthy Twix bars yet, now is the perfect time to make them! Same with my Paleo Granola (I love keeping this stocked in the fridge), Honey Sesame Chicken, and Italian Chicken.
- At-home workouts – There are a bazillion at-home workouts floating around Instagram right now, so try some out! I’ve made it my mission to keep you guys stocked with quick & easy workouts from home, with minimal equipment 🙂 Check out my Instagram here. Stay healthy and take care of your body! Also, if you’re curious about the most effective home workout equipment, check out this post.
- Make your own spa at home – Here’s my current skincare routine and favorite products if you need some inspo!
- Purge your closet – It feels SO good to donate/get rid of things you no longer wear.
- Call/facetime friends and family – Very important during this time to check in on loved ones!!
- Clean out your car – Typically I wouldn’t include this as an “around the house” chore, but considering you shouldn’t go to a car wash right now, focus on cleaning out any trash, dust your dash, disinfect, etc.
- Check-in on your finances – Now could be a good time to create a budget if you don’t already follow one.
- Get creative – Break out the paint, crayons and markers – artwork is fun no matter your age! Drawing, coloring, painting… giving me inspo right now
- Finish any home projects – If you have any projects that have been sitting unfinished and you have all the supplies you need, get it done!
- Journal – Great idea if you’re feeling stressed or anxious. Write down what you’re feeling– it can really help. Check out this 5-min journal I’ve had tons of recs for.
- Clean your makeup brushes – Something I don’t do often enough.
- Rotate your mattress – One of those things you just never think to do! Clean your sheets + pillow cases while you’re at it.
- Go through beauty/hygiene products – Toss anything expired or that no longer serves you.
- Organize your junk drawer – Be sure to do this when you’re organizing your kitchen!
Hope this is helpful for you guys! What are you doing at home to pass the time while also *trying* to stay productive? 🙂
I love this and totally going to do all the things!
Love this! So helpful
This is a great list!! Thank you Rachael 🙂