Click here for the Reel I made of this recipe 🙂
Shredded Chicken Verde Bone Broth Soup
I love the healing benefits of bone broth, and this soup makes it so easy to enjoy!
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1 jar salsa verde
- 2-3 cups organic chicken bone broth
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ground pepper, to taste
- avocado, sliced (to garnish)
- red chili flakes (to garnish)
- tortilla chips (to garnish)
- additional cilantro (to garnish)
Head a medium-sized pot over low-medium heat.
Add oil. Once hot, add chicken and salsa. Cover the pot and cook for ~15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Remove the chicken and shred using two forks or a hand mixer.
Add chicken back to the pot, along with bone broth, cilantro, lime juice, and pepper.
Lower heat, cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Serve with fresh cilantro, lime wedges, red chili flakes, sliced avocado and tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply