Click here for the Reel I made of this recipe 🙂
Shredded Chicken Verde Bone Broth Soup
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1 jar salsa verde
- 2-3 cups organic chicken bone broth
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ground pepper, to taste
- avocado, sliced, (to garnish)
- red chili flakes, (to garnish)
- tortilla chips, (to garnish)
- additional cilantro, (to garnish)
- Head a medium-sized pot over low-medium heat.
- Add oil. Once hot, add chicken and salsa. Cover the pot and cook for ~15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and shred using two forks or a hand mixer.
- Add chicken back to the pot, along with bone broth, cilantro, lime juice, and pepper.
- Lower heat, cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with fresh cilantro, lime wedges, red chili flakes, sliced avocado and tortilla chips. Enjoy!